15 April 2010

Breaking The Silence - A

No, I haven't lost my internet connection or blog link. I've been a bit swamped with exams and stuff. The good news is I'm done. I wrote those somewhat intimidating exams and passed them all! I'm officially done 1L and am ready for 2L, bracing myself for a projected extra 50% more reading on top of the 1L workload. Hopefully Racheal's distracted, because she wasn't around much of 1L to realise how neglected she was and will be.

I'm spending this summer volunteering with the local Crown Prosecutor's Office (aka PPS). At least 3 days a week in provincial court, watching, taking notes, and occasionally helping out with various facets of the trial process. Sure it'd be great if they'd pay me, but this is far and away the most educational and valuable summer experience I could get and have ever had. I'm making great contacts, learning lots, and hopefully greasing the skids for getting a job there next year, then articles and hopefully a career opening! I know there's lots of questions and such related to this, so there'll be a new series coming up called "Law Unordered: PPS" to break it into more manageable bits.

More to come, be sure to stay tuned for episode 1 of Law Unordered: PPS!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment